This year was one that most of us will never forget. The year 2020 has been full of obstacles, changes, stress, uncertainty, fear, and social injustice. However, throughout these many challenges there is a lot of good that came from 2020 as well.
Due to the pandemic and the lock-down there has been some positives arise out of these seemingly tragic times. Let’s take a look at just a few:
- The pollution in quarantined cities have decreased, causing the skies to be bluer and the oceans to be cleaner.
- Humanity stepped up and worked together to make masks, sanitizers, and to help those in their community that are in need.
- Our world leaders showed unity in trying to devise a plan that was safe, would slow the spread, and still try to keep our economic status afloat.
- Crime is falling and vehicle accidents have decreased.
- The Covid-19 vaccine has been produced in record time.
- Many are getting much needed rest and time with family due to the stay at home orders.
- Many are more health conscious now than ever before.
Those were examples of overall positives in the world due to the pressing times that 2020 has showed us all, but we each could make our own list of praises for 2020. A list of accomplishments in our personal life some may seem small while others are huge steps for us.
I want to share some goals I set for myself at the beginning of this year pertaining to my blog and writing. After I will share my personal praises and accomplishments regarding my progress in 2020 despite the coronavirus outbreak.
2020 Blog/Writing Goals
- Create daily Bible verse
- Make a blog post at least once a week.
- Grow followers/subscribers to 100-200
- Create Freebies and Bible Studies
- Find a way to serve our community
- Write 3-4 books and publish by end of year
- Produce book sales of $5000 for the year
- Start an online Bible Study
2020 Blog/Writing Accomplishments
- Daily Bible Verses all year
- 1-3 posts per week outside of the DBV
- Created my first set of Bible Studies
- Wrote 4 books– 3 are published 1 set to release January 2021
Change Your Focus Change Your Future: Positive and Negative Mindsets
Power Of A Prayer Plan: A Bible Study On Prayer & A Strategic Plan For Fighting The Enemy
Seeds for Spiritual Growth: A Bible Study Series to Grow Spiritually in Your Walk with God
No Weapon Formed Against Me: A Time to Rise (set to release Jan. 2021)
- Completed my first radio/book interview
- I have given away 150+ books that I have written and cases of Real Life Stories Books
- Created NWI Meal Relief Program and Essential Item Blessing Bags- delivered 1000+ hot meals to the elderly, disabled, homeless, high risk, and those in need in my community and 90+ blessing bags of non-food essential items
- Found community members to connect with and “adopt” as family.
- Found a local church to serve and become a member. (More exciting news on this to come!)
- Started planning and organizing for a community garden to help feed the homeless and those in need.
- Blog followers/subscribers is at 204 followers 86 subscribers Total of 290!!
- Book salaries for the year did not break 300 but hey… I sold some and money is NOT why I do this– so it’s a WIN!
2020 Personal Growth Accomplishments
- Closer to God than EVER before
- Found my purpose
- Found healing in Jesus
- Mental and Spiritual growth from negative to positive
- Acceptance of Who I am
- Forgiveness from others and to others but also forgiving myself
- Healed broken relationships
- Found TRUE peace
- Have finally learned to let go and let God (although some days I still struggle)
- Breaking toxic thinking and habits (still a few more to prune out)
- MANY MANY MORE
The truth is I could go on and on–God has been so good to me and I owe Him all the glory and praise. Without God guiding me and working in my life I could have never accomplished any of the above things on my own.
I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you! My followers, subscribers, readers, and those who donated toward the ministry may God bless you all abundantly.
As this year is coming to an end and we are approaching the New Year celebration, I want to encourage you to take the time to reflect on the positives and accomplishments. It is important to give God praise for the work He is doing in Your life.
We will always be growing and will always have changes to make and troubles to overcome; that is just a part of life. As the saying goes “It’s about progress not perfection”, we should be taking the time to celebrate our victories no matter how big or small they are.
Praise God in all we do and all we have. My hope for you this coming year is that each person would set goals and chase them! Seek God’s help and guidance in all you do and I promise you– You will be blessed beyond belief.
Lord God I come to you so humble and so thankful for all You have done in my life. I am so thankful that You are patient with each of us and are always near to help us when we fall. Lord I thank you for every accomplishment on the above lists for without You none of this would have been possible. Lord I am so thankful for the many relationships You have healed and new ones You have blessed me with. I am thankful for Your direction on where and how to serve You. I am thankful to have been able to be Your hands and feet, to show Your love to others through this pandemic. I am thankful for each person I was given the ability to share Your love and truth with. I thank you for sending those who have helped me, donated to the ministry in anyway, and those who are following/subscribing/reading this blog.
Lord I lift each person up in prayer as we come to the end of this year. I pray each would seek to know You more and seek Your guidance and purpose for their life. I pray for safety, good health, and many blessings over the year to come. Lord I give You alone all the glory and praise in Jesus mighty name I pray.