The gospel teaches us how to get right with God. It starts with faith and ends with faith. Those that study God’s word and seek to be right in His eyes- live their life by trusting in Him and His ways.
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”
Those who do not have a relationship with Jesus- live their life by making decisions based off their circumstances and feelings. Which tends to lead to more issues. We can not please God without having faith.
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Faith is seeing the world through God’s point of view. Faith has nothing to do with feelings and is believing in what you can not see. Faith gives us confidence and assurance in what we know will happen because God’s word tells us what to expect and He promises good for those who love Him.
How do you live your life? Do you see with eyes of fear or eyes of faith?
What happens when we see with eyes of fear?
- We can miss what God has planned for our life
- We exaggerate our difficulties- negative attitudes are contagious
- We underestimate our own abilities- when we live in fear we project our fears on to those around us.
- We become discouraged.
- We start to gripe and complain about all of our lives.
- We eventually give up and ultimately blame God
Highly critical people are usually insecure within themselves. Each person we come in contact with through-out life will either increase us or decrease us. We must be careful who we allow to influence our life- some people want us to crawl when God created us to soar.
What happens when we see with eyes of faith?
- Faith shrinks our problems (Genesis 18:14)
- Faith opens the door for a miracle. (Mark 11:22-24)
The law of faith- trumps the law of nature. We do not have miracles because we do not believe they can happen. This is because our lack of faith.
- Faith moves God to act on our behalf. God is not moved by us complaining and seeking to accomplish something in our own power and will. The Bible is clear that God is moved by our faith. (Matthew 9:29)
- Faith unlocks all the promises of God. (2 Corinthians 1:20)
- Faith turns our God given dreams into a reality. (Ephesians 3:20)
- Faith gives us the power and strength to hold on during tough times.
– Faith does not always remove the problem but the Bible promises that faith will help us through it. Just like faith does not take away the pain you experience in life but it does give you the ability to handle the pain.
Thank you Lord for your goodness and faithfulness to those who love and seek You. I confess that I often catch myself seeing through the eyes of fear. I pray that you would help me to keep my focus on you. Help me to set my eyes on You and live by faith in Your promises. I trust in You Lord and pray that Your will be done in my life. In Jesus mighty name I pray.