First read the story of Israel’s crossing of the Jordan River and take notes of how you see God in the story and how you see yourself in the story.
The account is documented in Joshua 3-4 and took place during the settlement period (1440-1050 BC)
Seeing God in Israel’s crossing of the Jordan River.
- God keeps His promises!
- He guides and directs His people.
- Promises and proves He will be with those who move forward in faith in Him.
- If God appoints you to do something-such as lead- He will see you through.
- God is powerful and can turn obstacles into a safe path.
- God makes His presence known and undeniable.
- God has the power to control nature.
- God wants His mighty works and miracles taught to our children.
- God wants every person and every nation to know His might.
- God calls us to ‘take a step’- we must be obedient to His direction.
Did you note something during your reading that isn’t on the list?
Share your list in the comments below.
Is there an obstacle in your life that God is leading you to overcome?
Do you think He is calling you to step out in faith and allow Him to lead you into ‘unknown territory’? If so, take note of what you feel God is telling you to do.
Why have you been reluctant to listen to Him? What is stopping you from following His lead?
Thank you for being a God of promises kept! Thank you for always guiding our steps and leading us to Your will. God forgive us for hesitating to step out and follow you in faith. Lord we know you are almighty and powerful and can make a way when there seems to be none. Lord, fill us up with Your Holy Spirit- give us discernment in Your word and help us to remember if You call us to it- You will see us through it. In Jesus mighty name I pray.