The last two lessons we discussed the Old Testament overview. Discovering new levels of knowledge and understanding of God and His word. We further broke down 4 major phases of the Old Testament: Beginnings- Settlement- Kings- Exile.
In this lesson we are going to specifically look at the time period from beginnings through the settlement period a little more in depth.
First let us take a look at Genesis 6-8- the story of Noah.
Look up the scripture and read Genesis chapter 6 through chapter 8. Take note of what can be learned about God throughout this story.
- God is able to create and destroy
- God is to be feared (in a healthy, loving way)
- God has complete control over His creation
- God is patient with sinners, but patience has a limit
- God is concerned about what is happening in His world/our lives.
- He is loving, kind God of righteousness, justice, and anger.
- God has the power to interrupt history
- He is a God of new beginnings
- He is a promise maker and keeper
- God rescues those who trust in Him
Thank you Lord for this message that teaches us more about who You are. Lord, we are thankful for Your word- the Bible. For the opportunity to discover who you are on a deeper level and learn about your love, mercy, and forgiveness. Lord I pray that You draw near to each of us. Let us feel Your presence surrounding us. Lord I pray that those who choose to read and complete this study will be given understanding and clarity. I pray You would lead the way for each person who reads this. I pray for safety, good health, and that Your protection would surround us- no attack of the enemy will prosper against us in Jesus mighty name.